Sunday, October 17, 2010

How To Deal

Today I stopped in at a bookstore to pick up a book about personal finances.  To be perfectly honest, as a 30 year old woman, I've never once in my life sat down and budgeted my income.  Not once... ever!  Now, to be even more honest, this has gotten me into a bit of trouble along the way.  Being young, single, working two jobs, making a lot of money and having a perfect credit score made me feel invincible.  I took advantage of it and...

Back to the reality of today.  I'm now married.  Am currently un-employed.  Am back in school.  Am buried under a monster school loan and a pile of other debt.  Am trying to get my personal finances and my life under control.  To be honest, I have no idea how to do this.  So today I scowered the seemingly endless supply of "get rich quick" books, investing schemes and the "do what I did" advice from every jerk whose ever made a buck and finally found one book that I think will help.  At least, it seems reputable enough.

So now I'm sitting here with a book of action, a pile of coupons, a grocery list and some sort of plan.  Let's see where it goes from here.





No comments:

Post a Comment